LAST UPDATED: September 30, 2016
We have prepared this Privacy Notice to explain how, why, and when we collect data from you for the purpose of research and analytics on behalf of our clients.
1. About Infernotions’ Attribution Services
Infernotions provides attribution services for our clients (“Clients”). When you visit our Clients’ websites or visit a third party site where our clients serve ads to you, we may collect some or all of the data described below. Our platform uses these data to guide our Clients on the influence their marketing is having in driving your shopping behavior.
2. What data we collect and how we use it
We may collect the following categories of information for the purposes explained below.
- Client website activity: This is data about your browsing activity on the Advertiser’s website. For example, which pages you visited and when, and what items you placed into your online shopping cart.
- Device and browser information: This is technical information about the device or browser you use to access our clients’ website(s).
- Ad campaigns : This is data on the campaigns for which you were served ads through the advertising vendors used by our clients. Examples of such advertising vendors include Google Adwords, Bing Ads, AdRoll, Quantcast, etc.
- CRM data from Clients: Some Clients choose to share data from their Customer Relationship Management systems to identify the different customer segments they serve and their relative lifetime valuations. The data that may be shared with us include historical purchase activity such as products purchased, purchase amounts, purchase dates. In some cases we may also receive supplemental information such as, but not restricted to, other interactions between the Clients and their customers like rebates and warranties. In some cases we may also receive demographic data and unique customer identifiers linked to historical purchases for the purpose of research and analytics.
- These data are used by us to guide our Clients on their marketing and product development decisions.
3. Data Sharing
We may disclose information about you for the purpose of research and analytics:
- With a Client whose site you have visited: We may share information about how you have interacted with that Client’s site
- With our service providers: We contract with companies who help with parts of our business operations. We require that our service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us.
- With service providers to our Clients: Our Clients contract with advertising vendors who may occasionally ask for feedback on their pmarketing performance.
- With our subsidiaries and related companies
- In connection with legal proceedings: When we are under a legal obligation to do so, for example to comply with a binding order of a court, or where disclosure is necessary to exercise, establish or defend the legal rights of Infernotions, our Clients or any other third party.
- In connection with a sale of our business: If a third party acquires some or all of our business or assets, we may disclose your information in connection with the sale.
We may disclose aggregated, anonymized information with other third parties.
4. Cookies and related technologies
Polytab attribution platform uses data captured via cookies, tracking pixels and related technologies in support of our analytical services. The cookie we serve through our Clients’ websites or their advertising vendors are identified as “meteor” or “infernotions”.
We may also drop an additional opt-out cookie if you opt-out.
5. Your choices and opting-out
We recognize how important your online privacy is to you, so offer you an option to opt out of our tracking by opting out here. Please note that this opt-out requires a cookie to be placed on your device. Should you clear your browser’s cookies, it will correspondingly purge the opt-out cookie and you will have to opt out again. If you use multiple browsers or devices you may need to execute this opt out on each browser or device.
Note that opting out will not prevent you from seeing ads. We are not advertisers and only help our Clients measure the impact of their marketing.
6. Data retention
We retain the identifiable data we collect directly for targeting purposes for 12 months. Identifiable data collected for other purposes is held no longer than necessary for our business purposes or to meet legal requirements.
We apply technical, administrative and organizational security measures to protect the data we collect against accidental or unlawful destruction and loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, in particular where the processing involves the transmission of data over a network, and against other unlawful forms of processing.
8. Contact us about questions or concerns
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice drop us a note via the form here.