LAST UPDATED: April 17, 2018
We have prepared this Privacy Notice to explain how, why, and when we collect data from you for the purpose of research and analytics on behalf of our clients. We also highlight your rights in respect to data privacy.
1. About Infernotions’ Services
Infernotions Technologies Ltd (“Infernotions”, “We”, “our”, “us”) provides Services including data collection, business intelligence solutions, marketing attribution, personalization analytics and shopper tracking for our clients (“Clients”). When you (“subject”, “user”, “shopper”) visit our Clients’ websites or visit a third party site where our clients serve ads to you, we may collect some or all of the data described below. Our analytics suite (“Polytab”) uses these data to help Clients optimize shopping experiences. We collect information, including personal information, in various ways.
2. What data do we aggregate and how to opt out
In order to provide these services we deploy our data collection technologies to track you via advertising vendors and on websites directly or indirectly controlled by Clients. We use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts. We may also receive data on you from our Clients. These could include historical purchase activity such as products purchased, purchase amounts, purchase dates. In some cases we may also receive supplemental information such as, but not restricted to, other interactions between the Clients and their customers like rebates and warranties. In some cases we may also receive demographic data and unique customer identifiers linked to historical purchases for the purpose of research and analytics. These data are used by us to guide our Clients on their marketing and product development decisions.
We link all collected data to create a composite view of you and your engagement with our Clients in support of our services. The tracking technologies we use are described below:
2.2. Log files: We gather certain information automatically in log files such as IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider, referring pages, exit pages, operating system, and time stamps. These information are used to understand the user’s online journeys.
2.3. Local stored objects: We use local storage objects to store your information.
2.4. Beacons or invisible pixels: We partner with third party advertising vendors to capture your views of our Clients’ advertising on other sites using beacons.
If you do not wish to have these data captured, you may opt-out by clicking here. Please note that this opt-out requires a cookie to be placed on your device. Should you clear your browser’s cookies, it will correspondingly purge the opt-out cookie and you will have to opt out again. If you use multiple browsers or devices you may need to execute this opt out on each browser or device.Note that opting out will not prevent you from seeing ads. We are not advertisers and only help our Clients measure the impact of their marketing.
While there are a number of industry groups that are attempting a Do Not Track (DNT) standard, there does not exist a current standard or response. However, for users who are based in regions where the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) is active, we recognize the DNT signals received from the browsers and reject your data from our collection technologies.
You can also opt out by blocking the domain “https://pixel.infernotions.com”. If you would like your browser to restrict the cookies being served by our technologies, you can change the settings as per the guidance here for the most popular browsers – Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer. To opt-out of data collection via your mobile device operating system select “Limit Ad Tracking” on Apple iOS or “Opt-out of interest-based ads” on Google Android.
3. Data Sharing
We may disclose information about you for the purpose of research and analytics:
- With a Client who contracts us to improve their relationship and interactions with you: We share path data, personalization analytics, marketing attribution and optimization guidance with Clients and their marketing partners to inform Client’s media plans and strategy.
- With third party service providers: We contract with companies who help with parts of our business operations. We require that our service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us.
- With service providers to our Clients: Our Clients contract with advertising vendors who may occasionally ask for feedback on their marketing performance. Only aggregated data are provided to these service providers
- With our subsidiaries and related companies
- In connection with legal proceedings: When we are under a legal obligation to do so, for example to comply with a binding order of a court, or where disclosure is necessary to exercise, establish or defend the legal rights of Infernotions, our Clients or any other third party.
- In connection with corporate restructuring: If a third party acquires some or all of our business or assets, we will transfer your information in connection with the sale. If another entity acquires our company or assets, that company will assume the rights and obligations regarding your personal information as described in this Policy.
4. Data retention
We apply technical, administrative and organizational security measures to protect the data we collect against accidental or unlawful destruction and loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, in particular where the processing involves the transmission of data over a network, and against other unlawful forms of processing. We use encryption software to safeguard the confidentiality of personal information. Once we receive your data we make reasonable efforts to preserve security. All data are transferred by us via secure, encrypted protocol.
6. Your access rights
We recognize that residents of the EU and Switzerland (“EU residents”) have the right to access the personal information we maintain on them. We also recognize that EU residents have the right to corrections or deletions of the data we may have on them. An EU or Swiss individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct their request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request, and will restrict the access to the email address you use in reaching out to us.
7. Contact us about questions or concerns
7.1. Privacy concerns from persons located in the EU or Switzerland
In compliance with the GDPR, Infernotions Technologies Ltd. commits to resolve complaints and to answer questions from EU residents. We ask you to first reach out to us at email@example.com or send a note via the form here . You can also send a mail to our Chief Executive Officer at the address below:
Attn: Data Privacy
3-2922 Dundas Street West
Toronto, ON M6P 1Y8